Friday, January 21, 2011

Dilbert - Welcome to Cubeville!

TGIF!  I thought we should start the day off with a laugh.  I’m sure all of you are at least vaguely familiar with Dilbert.  On a whim a couple months ago we decided to go check out the going out of business sale at the Borders near our house.  By the time we got there the place had been ransacked.  Being the literary geeks we are we still managed to find several gems among the wreckage.   Just before checkout I walked by a Dilbert book.  It was priced at $3 then an additional 40% off so it was a no brainer and I threw it in my pile of books to purchase.  What I feared might be a waste of space on our increasingly crammed pack bookshelves turned out to be my favorite purchase of the day.  I must first explain that I work in a cubicle, I started out in a cubicle on my first consulting job at AT&T and they have followed me ever since.  In theory cubicles are not a bad idea but in actuality they are the worst part of having a corporate job.  I think the primary reason people compete so aggressively for promotions is to inch closer and closer to having an office with a door.  I could not keep all the laughter to myself, so here are some of my favorites from my silly purchase.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!  If you don’t work in a cubicle you won’t understand but let’s be honest if you don’t work in a cubicle then have less need for a good laugh than the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment