Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

I unfortunately will not get to see her in person today but I wanted to make sure she knew how much I loved her and how excited I am for her birthday!
My mom has always been a HUGE part of my life.  She has always gone way above the call of duty to be a good mom and a good friend to me.  She is the type of person who brings you homemade chicken soup just because you aren’t feeling well.  She is extremely smart and before being a mom she was extremely successful in the workplace.  I grew up with her as an example that there is no limit to what women can do.  She was both a successful manager and then chose to transition to being a loving and wonderful mom.  I think too many girls think that you can only have one of those things in your lifetime and that is a bunch of bologna.  She is extremely artistic and can pick up almost any craft and make it looks like a hobby she has had all her life.  While we didn’t always see eye to eye during my teenage years we have grown into great friends.  I have a tremendous amount of respect for her and I am so thankful to have such wonderful parents.  I wanted to write this to not only wish my beautiful mom a Happy Birthday but also just to thank her for being the wonderful person and example that she is.  I love, admire, and respect you more than you know! 

1 comment:

  1. Dale, I am in tears. Thank you so much for this affirmation. Most of all, thank you for being such a wonderful daughter! I cannot even imagine how my life would have been without you. Love, love, and more love, Mom

    ReplyDelete