Saturday, January 22, 2011

InStyle Look for Less

I was inspired by my best friend Alyssa to take on this task.  We are both huge fans of InStyle magazine and have a habit of applying incessant amounts of Sharpie to the pages indicating our likes and dislikes.  One of my favorite sections is the InStyle look where they show a series of fully styled outfits including accessories.  My sharpie is often hard at work on these pages.  The only qualm I have is that the price for the pieces is outrageous.  If I had $1,000 for 1 outfit I would be looking in InStyle I would be paying a stylist to do the work for me.  We have often discussed the fact that they should show the expensive designer version and then show the same type of outfit for those of us who are on a budget.  So I took my latest copy of InStyle and took on the challenge.  Here are the outfits and prices for their look versus something normal people could afford.   

InStyle Look $1,060 - Top $135 (Tina Huang), Skirt $168 (Walter), Purse $45 (Mondani), Shoes $465 (Jimmy Choo), Earrings $52 (Marlyn Schiff), Bracelet $195 (Suzanna Dai)

My InBudget Look $84.41 - Top $16.50 (Charlotte Russe), Skirt $17.48 (Target), Purse $14.99 (Target), Shoes $19.99 (Target), Earrings $8.95 (Sam Moon), Bracelet $6.50 (Sam Moon)

No comments:

Post a Comment