Sunday, February 6, 2011

Home Sweet Shipping Container

Let me begin by saying that I am not one of those people that is completely wrapped up in the green movement.  Although I do think we have trashed our world and now we need to take some responsibly to improving the way we live and treating our planet with some respect.  A friend of mine on Facebook posted the link to this article and I was instantly intrigued.  I absolutely love our loft and these homes using recycled shipping containers reminded me of the modern style in a very eco friendly package.  Now I just need them to become more reasonably priced so Kyle and I can one.  Unfortunately because of price and where we live our next house will definitely be more traditional but one day we’d love to have a house like this or one of the modern style prefab homes.  Here is a picture of my favorite out of their examples.  If you want to read the full article here is the link:





The Redondo Beach House is an architecturally designed shipping container based contemporary house to suit your site and lifestyle. The award-winning De Maria Design’s luxury beachside house was constructed using eight prefabricated, recycled steel shipping containers, which are integrated with some traditional building techniques

No comments:

Post a Comment