Friday, October 21, 2011

Jewelry Holder Project - Inspired by Pinterest

As I previously mentioned I found a wonderful site called Pinterest and one of my favorite finds was a DIY jewelry holder made from a cutlery holder.  I decided to try it myself using a cutlery holder, brass hardware, and cute cabinet knobs from Hobby Lobby.  I love the outcome and plan to make one more that focuses on necklaces and rings.  Here is a picture of their version and then one of mine.  The main difference is that I didn’t line the cubby holes with scrapbook paper.  Part of me loves that it is plan because the knobs and the bracelets really take center stage instead of the paper but I do love the vintage feel of the paisley paper they used so I’m still on the fence as to whether or not I made the right call about leaving the birch wood plain.

I also made a gorgeous necklace holder out of a Manzanita branch we used for décor at our wedding. 




No comments:

Post a Comment