Friday, April 13, 2012

Dancing on the Beach

Growing up I had TONS of dance pictures taken, really it is crazy how many posed pictures I have in costumes ranging from beautiful to hideous.  When I was younger they took the school picture approach to dance photography or at least they did at the studios I attended.  There was always a generic backdrop, canned poses, and cheesy smiles.  Over the years I have seen friends post beautiful dance photos out in nature and in street clothes and I’ve always been envious.  This started my obsession with talented photographers like Richard Calmes and my hobby of collecting dance inspiration photos, some of my favorites are from his nature dancer series.  Since Kyle and I were heading to the beach I figured why not give it a try.  Kyle was such a sweetheart and woke up at 6:15 AM one morning on vacation and we headed to the beach.  The jumping shots didn’t turn out as well since our camera isn’t the best with motion but there a few shots that we got that I really love so I wanted to share them.  I’m also still planning on doing a dance photo shoot with Alex one of these days.






1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful Dale!!!! You look gorgeous and so happy to be dancing!

    ReplyDelete