Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Who says consignment can’t be made modern

I love interior decorating and bargain shopping.  Kyle and I have discussed adding a seating area for reading to our bedroom but have been holding off because all the chairs we like are pretty expensive.  After the high school retreat this weekend we were pretty exhausted (blog entry to come on the retreat, I love our group of girls so much!).  We decided to take Sunday to rest and run errands that we had fallen behind on.  The weather was gorgeous and I had an intense desire to go adventure shopping so I headed to My Favorite Place, that’s the name of an antique/consignment store off PIB.  I love looking at all the knick knacks and discarded treasures.  I also love thinking of the changes I could make to reinvent them and make them fabulous again.  I wasn’t really expecting to find anything and then I stumbled on this great looking set of chairs, the best part they were only $36 for both chairs.  All I had to do was buy $3 spray paint and change the color of the legs from blond to black.  I bought the accent table at Ross for $19.99.  So for less than $60 bucks we finally have our seating area and I love the way it turned out.  I am in the process on finding a lamp for the table but for now here is our new space.


No comments:

Post a Comment