Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cedar Key Arts Festival - Spring Break Day 1

I am happy to be posting from the sunny and beautiful Florida.  We arrived today and got checked in and settled at the house.  After we unloaded the car we headed to town square area for their famous annual arts festival.  It was so much fun walking around and looking at all the beautiful and quirky handcrafted items.  I fell in love with a lot of the acrylic painting and photography but unfortunately our budget didn’t agree.  We had a blast though and we sampled some award winning clam chowder from Tony’s seafood restaurant.  It was a wonderful first day!  I can’t wait to relax and enjoy the rest of the week, the town has a very slow paced feel and that will be a wonderful contrast to my everyday life in Atlanta.  I will try and post a few more times during the week with pictures and stories.  I have a book and a glass of Merlot in hand and I am a very happy woman.

1 comment: