Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thank Goodness for Friends

I am approaching another birthday as a twenty something and it’s interesting to think that I am still the same person as the girl who turned 20 and 21.  I would say that almost everything has changed but there have been a few constants in my life.  The first of which is my husband who has been loving me and often times putting up with me since high school.  Our relationship has only gotten better with time and I am thankful for him every day.  The next is my family who has finally transitioned from my gate keepers into close friends and throughout the process they have probably always my biggest fans.  Their love and support is unending and they helped me become the person I am.  The other is my friends.  I cannot say enough about the important of having close friends.  They make good situations better and bad situations seem bearable.
My family and friends have seen me triumphant, discouraged, joyous, overwhelmed, motivated, complacent, and everything in between.  I think I’m a good person but I honestly can’t imagine what I must have done to deserve to be surrounded by such loving and supportive people.  Most importantly they have inspired me to be a better daughter, wife, friend, Christian, neighbor, employee, and person.  Here’s to friends and family like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment