Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge

Life continues to make me aware that I am an all or nothing person.  The recent example is with my fitness and weight loss.  I am either super disciplined or incredibly lazy about diet and exercise.  In order to maneuver myself back into the first category and kiss the lazy category goodbye I decided to sign up for the weight loss challenge with my friend Joanna at our gym. The kickoff was yesterday and we had our first challenge exercise which was running outside at 1 PM in the afternoon.  I was able to finish my mile in 11:35 which is not great but not as terrible as I was expecting.  Joanna and I are really excited about it and I think it will be a great thing for us to do for ourselves plus it’s always easier when you have a friend and accountability partner.  My goal is to work out a minimum of 30 times in the next 8 weeks and really focus on healthier eating habits.  I created a Google documents spreadsheet so we can keep one another in the loop and plan our workout schedule.  I’ll keep you guys posted on the progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment