Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Girls Night Out!

After such an incredible trip it was hard to get back into the regular routine of work.  Thankfully I had a wonderful girls night planned with Larissa the Monday after we got back.  The event was through Living Social Adventures.  It took place at Creatively Yours in Brookhaven the agenda was wine glass painting and cupcake decorating, complete with appetizers and wine.  Hanging out with Larissa is always fun because our friendship has always been mutual, very easy, and uncomplicated.  Adding painting and cupcakes was just the icing on the cake (pun fully intended). 
We had a lot of fun painting the wine glasses; they were red and pink in a Valentine’s Day theme.  One of the things I love the most about painting in a group is that everyone gets the same instructions but they all turn out differently and seem to reflect their creator.  Once we completed our glasses we moved on to the cupcakes.  I am obsessed with wedding cakes and so the idea of having icing and toppings in hand seemed like the recipe for artistic genius.  Turns out I should not quit my day job.  Granted her instructions were very basic but I don’t think I have much natural ability for creating sugary confections.  It did increase my appreciation for the artistry that goes into cake decorating and it crosses another item off my 30 before 30 list.  I managed to check off 3 things during January, not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment