Saturday, May 5, 2012

Going Wild!

I found that turning 27 was easier than 26 which was a pleasant surprise.  I had some seriously melodramatic moments around my 26th birthday.  In contrast my birthday this year approached peacefully.  First my wonderful husband continued in the 7 day celebration tradition which always makes me feel incredibly special.  It really is the little things that stand out the most.  Then the weekend before my birthday I planned a full out kid style birthday.  Some of you may know this but I absolutely love giraffes.  They are my spirit animal, a balanced mix of awkward and elegant.  Recently Zoo Atlanta just opened a new wildlife encounter where you can feed the giraffes.  As soon as Kyle mentioned it I knew that I would exploit my birthday as the chance to drag some of my other twenty something friends with me to the zoo for the day! 

I hadn’t been to the Atlanta Zoo since a middle school field trip and I was pleasantly surprised by how well maintained it was.  It was fun to look at all the animals and take goofy pictures and just enjoy the day.  I was elated as we approached the terrace for the giraffe feeding.  It was the closest I have ever been to giraffes.  They are such amazing animals.  Unfortunately they were not digging the lettuce and per the zoo employee they were being snotty that day.  At first I was disappointed but I still greatly enjoyed being only a few feet away from them and within the next few months we’ll go back and try again with the feeding.  I think I would be a little uncomfortable too if I was a wild animal and suddenly people were allowed to get so close to me.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day:




No comments:

Post a Comment