Friday, December 28, 2012

Book a Week Challenge Update


I wish I had better news to give but the whole idea of issuing myself this challenge on my blog was to keep myself honest.  The good news is that I have read 24 books so far!  This is a big jump from my reading habits the previous year, while I have always loved reading I had gotten out of the habit of reading.  From that standpoint I consider my challenge a success! 

From a comparison to my goal standpoint I have fallen behind my plan.  I have only 11 weeks left until the 1 year mark for my book a week challenge.  This means I am going to fall behind my goal of 52 books within the year unless I kick in high gear and read 2.5 books a week for the remainder of the time.  While that is not impossible it is improbable.  I selfishly reflected on reading some really short, low level books just to say I met my goal but that isn't my style.  I didn't want to just read any books; I wanted to read books for pleasure or for personal growth.  I do plan to read one a week for the next 11 weeks so I’ll end the challenge with a total of 35 books which isn't too shabby.  I will post a final summary at the end of March when the challenge year concludes.

I do plan to try and continue to push myself to make time for reading in my life and while less formal want to continue to strive to read at least one book a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment