Friday, December 28, 2012

My Trip to Houston!


I finally was able to make it to Houston to visit my best friend!  I can’t believe it took a whole and a half to make it happen but I’m so glad I was able to go and can’t wait to return for a visit with Kyle.  My favorite part of the trip was seeing a lot of the people and places that I have heard about first hand.  Her and her husband have really built a life there and I felt so much more included being able to spend the weekend there with them.  They have a beautiful home and her interior design taste is impeccable.  I’d always loved her taste for college apartment décor and her room at home but her ideas really came to their life in their home.  My favorite touch was that she put fresh flowers in several of the rooms.  It gave those rooms such an elegant and warm feel.  I made a mental note to buy some fresh flowers before we have company as often as possible! 

We began the weekend with tacos and margaritas at one of the favorite neighborhood restaurants.  The restaurant was walking distance from their house and was full of charm and local flair.  We sat out on the patio and enjoyed the breeze which was a welcome break from the Texas heat.  On Saturday we went on a tour around Houston and of course spent some time shopping.  Lunch was highlighted by some of the best empanadas I've ever had, proof that you can’t beat local food.  That evening we met up with some of their friends and had a lovely sushi dinner.  Our plan was to go dancing after dinner but our now mid to late twenty something selves opted to stay in and play Apples to Apples instead.  We all laughed that it was a sign that we were all getting older but truthfully I think we all enjoyed the evening we had much more than we would have enjoyed the evening we originally planned. 

Sunday was a lazy morning and afternoon which is just the way I like my Sundays.  We got a pleasant surprise when we realized the Emmy awards were on that night.  It has been a longstanding tradition of ours to either watch the pre-show together or text back and forth about the fashion choices.  We decided such a girly evening required a fun dinner so we opted for making our own wine and cheese board.  Our husbands would have asked where the rest of dinner was but we were in heaven. 

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end so the next day I headed home but we had such a wonderful visit.  


No comments:

Post a Comment