Thursday, February 21, 2013

Georgette Alumni Luncheon

It is hard for me to believe that it’s been almost 6 years since I graduated from college.  On one hand it feels like I can’t possibly that old but on the other hand my college days feel like a lifetime ago.  The Redcoat Band decided to do a series of reunion lunches for the various auxiliary groups.  The goal was to strengthen the connection between alumni and the current members and to help get ideas for growth and fundraising.  I am a sucker for a chance to reminisce about my white boot and rhinestone wearing days, hence why I have yet to miss a Homecoming pregame performance opportunity.  There were 8 girls from my generation of Georgettes and it was so nice to catch up with all of them!  Three of the girls brought their sweet and adorable kids and so it was crazy to see how much we have all grown up.  I also really enjoyed sharing stories, pictures, and traditions with the generations of Georgettes before and after ours.  It is a wonderful feeling to have been part of something that outlasts you and continues on, we are all part of the fabric of the organization and I take great pride in that!  


No comments:

Post a Comment