Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Thanksgiving & Savannah

“We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” - Frederick Keonig

I have so much to be thankful for.  It seems my heart has been overflowing with love for the people in my life and I hope I never take that for granted.  I am surrounded by people that I love, who love me, who help make me a better person, and who make every day events more wonderful just by being part of them. 

This year we went down to Metter for Thanksgiving to be with my entire family.  South Georgia has a hospitality and charm that you simply can’t find elsewhere.  It goes beyond sweet tea, roasted pecans, and pie that will change your life.  There is a genuine love and consideration for others that make me proud to be Georgia born and raised.  We enjoyed a lovely meal and stuffed ourselves full of delicious homemade food.  Then we retired to the living room to talk and resist the urge to nap to sleep off the heavy meal.  After some hilarious attempts at a group picture we finally got one we could use and people started saying their goodbyes. 


That night we headed to Savannah to continue our long weekend away from work.  We stayed in a beautiful hotel across the river and had a lot of fun riding the ferry back and forth to River Street.  Kyle’s mom came with us and it was so fun to share all our favorite Savannah traditions with her.  We of course ate lots of pralines from River Street, strolled through charming shops, walking through the squares to Forsyth Park, did some Christmas shopping, visited our favorite piano bar, and ate at some wonderful restaurants.  The weather was beautiful and thankfully a tad warmer than in Atlanta.  We took a ton of pictures and made memories that I know we will all cherish for a long time to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment