Tuesday, January 28, 2014

RIP Miles

We got the terrible news yesterday that Kyle’s cousin had died at the age of 21 in a car accident.  He hit a patch of black ice and slid into a tree.  Miles was so young and vibrant and goofy.  He has a 3 year old daughter who will not have her dad as she grows up.  It is just so tragic.  Kyle and I talked about how senseless it seems.  We also talked about how awful it is seeing his family go through this kind of loss again.  There is a familiar ache from losing someone so young in such an unexpected accident.  I will always remember Miles for his goofy smile and his dare devil attitude.  He was wonderful with kids and it makes me so sad that his daughter and nephew won’t get to grow up having him in their lives.  We love you and we miss you Miles! 



I was reminded of a poem I wrote back when Mike passed:

On Your Way Up

Confusion on their faces,
I wouldn’t say it’s hard to see,
Straight through this glass heart,
Shattered into tiny pieces,
Like the windows the night we lost you

On your way up to heaven,
What did you look down and see,
A world full of hate, or people filled with need

My heart is bent and broken,
Once it seemed so strong,
Shaken and twisted from that night,
Scattered amongst the wreckage,
Is the reality that this life can be short

On your way up to heaven,
What’d you look down and see,
A world full of tragedy, or life’s destiny

I hold my loved one’s a little closer today,
Loss makes us feel crazy things,
Never again will I take a single day for granted,
Never again will my life be the same

On your way up to heaven,
You’re on your way up to heaven
And I hope you look down and see
How many lives you touched
How many lives you’ve changed

And that your time here wasn’t in vain

No comments:

Post a Comment