Tuesday, March 25, 2014

iRun 5k

May 3rd will be here before I know so I've been trying to get serious about training for the Expedition Everest 5k at Disney in Orlando.  My first test was this past weekend with the iRun 5k at our church.  I had three goals for my first race of the year and I was able to accomplish two of them.  The best part about this race versus my first 5k that I did last year was that Kyle did the race with me!  I'm seriously so proud of him and it means the world to me that he is taking part in this adventure with me!

  • No walking (CHECK!)
  • Finish in under 40 minutes (CHECK! Finish time of 39:33 - cutting it close)
  • Place in my age group for my gender (BUMMER! I came in 4th out of the females in my age group)
Here are some pictures from the race:




No comments:

Post a Comment