Sunday, April 27, 2014

Staycation Day 2

Day 2 was rainy and overcast, whomp whomp.  I think Spring Break should be sunny but the weather had other plans.  We decided to focus on indoor activities and started the day at the Georgia Aquarium.  I got to see the new (well new to me) show Dolphin Tales.  It was really cheesy but it was amazing to see the dolphins swim and jump.  We enjoyed visiting each of their exhibits but particularly enjoyed the temporary exhibit Sea Monsters Revealed (aquatic bodies).   It showed different specimens of fish and crustaceans highlighting their composition and structure.  

After the aquarium we headed over to the World of Coca-Cola.  I had visited the older World of Coke when I was younger but had not been to the new location.  It was definitely more technologically advanced and polished than the old one but like the old one it was pretty mediocre besides the tasting room.  The tasting room was my favorite part back in the day and remains my favorite part of the World of Coke.  They have a station for different countries/regions.  They highlight their products from that area and it's fun to get to try so many drastically different kind of products.  The watermelon soda from China was one of my favorites.  My least favorite continues to be Beverly from Europe.  I'm glad we went, it's a classic Atlanta tourist stop and it was fun to see the changes they made when they built the new one.

We capped the day off at the Shakespeare Tavern which is one of my favorite Atlanta gems.  It has a very authentic feel and the plays are always very well done.  We saw Macbeth and they did an excellent job capturing the darkness and madness from the play.  I still prefer comedies to tragedies but was very impressed by the emotional quality and delivery of the actors.  The sword fighting was fun to watch as well!  


No comments:

Post a Comment