Sunday, April 27, 2014

Staycation Day 4

The sunshine and nice weather came back for our last day of our staycation which was so welcomed after two overcast and rainy days!  Since the sun was out we knew we needed to soak up some Vitamin D and spend most of the day outside enjoying the beautiful spring weather.  We made our way to Atlanta Zoo and spent the first half of the day with the animals.  Going first thing in the morning was an excellent choice since the animals were very active and animated.  We got to see the new twin pandas play fight and the tiger pacing in his enclosure.  I managed to walk through the whole reptile exhibit without needing to excuse myself to wait outside.  I even took some really cool close up photos of a few of the snakes. It was easily our best visit to the Zoo since it wasn't overcrowded and the animals were very active.  

That said the giraffes once again eluded me.  Two years ago the zoo opened an addition to the giraffe area that allows visitors to feed the giraffes.  Giraffes are my favorite wild animal.  They are elegant and awkward all at once and I love that because I can relate to it.  Since I heard about the exhibit I have tried 5 times to feed the giraffes.  They have been standoffish, not out due to conditions, generally disinterested or some combination of those things each time I've been.  I hoped this would be the trip that would break by bad luck with the giraffes but alas they eluded me once again.  It is clear my love for them is unrequited.  Maybe one day!

We ended our last staycation day by joining my parents and some friends for dinner.  It was a lovely cap to a great few days!  




No comments:

Post a Comment