Sunday, June 22, 2014

Chad and Amanda's Wedding

This couple came into our lives at a perfect time.  They moved to Atlanta shortly after two of our best friends moved out of state.  We were excited for our best friends for their new opportunities and adventures but it was sad for us to not be able to see them as often.  It also left a pretty noticeable hole in our social calendars which was a constant reminder that they had moved away.  Chad and Amanda were looking for friends in a new city and the timing was perfect.  God provides people in our lives at the exact time that we need them.  Our friendship with them has always been natural and easy.  We have fun whether we are out on an adventure or just chilling in our comfy pants watching TV.  Amanda is my sweatpants soul sister and I’m so glad we get to spend so much time with them. 

It has been so fun to watch them plan their wedding and finally this month the big day arrived and it was an awesome day.  The venue was beautiful, her dress was beautiful, and the room was full of excitement for them.  After the ceremony and dinner it turned into a giant dance party which was awesome!  I was honored to get to read during their ceremony and I loved the reading she chose.  It is a beautiful representation of marriage and I managed not to cry while reading it, victory!  Although I did shed a few tears when I saw her brother who is deployed overseas on Skype, beautiful moment and total tear jerker. 


Love by Roy Croft
I love you
Not only for what you are,
But for what I am
When I am with you.
I love you,
Not only for what
You have made of yourself,
But for what
You are making of me.
I love you
For the part of me
That you bring out;
I love you
For putting your hand
Into my heaped-up heart
And passing over
All the foolish, weak things
That you can't help
Dimly seeing there,
And for drawing out
Into the light
All the beautiful belongings
That no one else had looked
Quite far enough to find
I love you because you
Are helping me to make
Of the lumber of my life
Not a tavern
But a temple.
Out of the works
Of my every day
Not a reproach
But a song.
I love you
Because you have done
More than any creed
Could have done
To make me good.
And more than any fate
Could have done
To make me happy.
You have done it
Without a touch,
Without a word,
Without a sign.
You have done it
By being yourself



No comments:

Post a Comment