Sunday, August 17, 2014

Botanical Birthday Celebration

We were lucky and got to share in the birthday celebration for these two awesome people.  Joanna and Jon are such an adorable couple and their birthdays are two days apart.  We started the night at an amazing pizza place off Monroe Drive called Varuni Napoli.  I meant to take a picture of our pizzas but immediately started shoving my face instead.  The crust was amazing and cooked in a wood burning oven which gave it the perfect amount of crispiness and a slight char on the edges/bottom.  Kyle and I shared a white pizza with buffalo mozzarella, pancetta, pecorino cheese, and truffle oil.  I bet it makes sense now why I was too busy eating to take a picture.  I did remember to get a picture of the birthday boy and girl.



After dinner we went to the botanical gardens to walk around the imaginary world exhibit and to practice shooting with our cameras.  The sky threatened rain the whole night but thankfully it only sprinkled for about 10-15 minutes during which we hid out in the Fuqua Orchid Center.  The lighting was not ideal but we still had a blast and managed to get some decent shots.  Jon is the same Jon I referenced in my post about Southeast Photo Adventures (SEPA) so I felt really spoiled to get tips on lighting, aperture, ISO, and framing my shots while we were at the gardens.  Here are some of my favorite edited shots from the night.  In case you hadn’t noticed I’m a bit obsessed with my new hobby but photography is so much fun and there is so much to learn.    












No comments:

Post a Comment