Friday, August 22, 2014

First Book Club Meeting

I'm am so excited that this finally happened.  I have always wanted to be part of a book club.  I love reading and fellowship with friends and book clubs combine both those things into one!  Our first book was The Giver by Lois Lowry.  It's a younger reading level but has a lot of thought provoking concepts.  

There were six of us at our first meeting and the conversation was amazing.  We spent about an hour talking about the book and covered a wide of topics from diversity, religion, family units, our own childhood, childhood development, after life, and the power of freedom of choice.  It was so nice to have such deep conversations instead of the surface small talk that normally occurs when you hang out with friends.  I meant to get a picture but was having too much fun and I forgot!  I promise to take a group picture at our next book club.  We already picked our next book and will have our second book club in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment