Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Maze Runner

Over the past year I have really gotten into Young Adult Literature (YAL).  Last week I read a wonderful book called The Maze Runner.  It reminded me a lot of Ender’s Game which is why I think I was drawn into the book so quickly.  The premise is that a group of kids are trapped in a community that is surrounded by a maze.  The story details their work ethic, survival skills and the development of their community on the Glade.  The maze is filled with obstacles and monsters that are a cross between nature and machines.  The writer does a perfect job of divulging enough to keep readers interested while carefully withholding details to keep people on the edge of their seat. 
I am now anxiously waiting for Kyle to finish the Scorch Trials so I can continue on the journey with Thomas in the second book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment