Monday, January 24, 2011

Blue Man Group

I have now officially started working on my 30 before 30 checklist and I started off with a bang.  I was chatting with my friend Joanna on Sunday afternoon and she mentioned that she going to see blue man group that night.  I must have been living under a rock but somehow I missed the fact that they were coming town and was extremely bummed that I was missing the show while they were in Atlanta.  As I tried my best to hide my sad face Kyle said why don’t we head down there and buy tickets at the box office.  Those of you who know me know that I am NOT spontaneous.  He called the theatre and made sure they had seats so we got all dolled up and drove downtown.  We got great seats in the dress balcony only 4 rows back.  It was so much fun and so romantic to go on a spur of the moment date with my amazing husband. 
The show was fantastic.  It is proof that mime is not dead.  The performance featured 3 blue men and they carried the whole 2 hour show without an intermission and without words.  The humor was intelligent and really funny.  The music and visuals were extremely well done and kept you on the edge of your seat.  They pulled in some audience members which was fun to see them interact without counting on verbal cues.  I also really appreciated that the theme throughout the show that our society is so fast paced and electronic that we are losing touch with ourselves and one another.  There was a clear message but it was not preachy and the segments were incredibly entertaining.  I always leave shows wanting to go dance and they ended the show with a giant dance party for the whole theater which was so much fun! I’m so glad that we were spontaneous and went to the show; it was something I will always remember.  One down and only 29 items left to go on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment