Friday, January 14, 2011

Gotta Dance

My name is Dale Jones and I am still in love with dancing.  I’ve been struggling with this addiction since age 3 but I’ve finally decided to just accept it and blissfully take class as often as I can.  I took a while off after college because I didn’t know how not to dance all the time.  It had always been something I did several hours a day so I thought that when I become a grownup and had a real job that it meant I had to walk away.   I accepted this for about 2 years before I realized what a load of garbage it was.  I started back about a year ago and since then I feel like a whole new person.  Here are my favorite things about dance:
·         Life is so uncomplicated when you are dancing – it doesn’t matter how hard things may be in life when you are dancing choreography the rest just melts away
·         I have met some of my best friends through dance
·         You can be anyone you want to be when you dance, you can assume any character or emotion and make it your own
·         It is one place where you can be a complete diva and it is not only completely acceptable but its often beneficial
·         It is absolutely remarkable what the human body is capable of
·         I feel completely at home in a dance studio.  There is something about the smell, the lights, the mirrors, the feel of the floor, and the energy level at a studio that feels like home. 
·         It has the power to take everything out of you and yet simultaneously make you feel complete
·         The more you put into your practice the more you will get out it, it is not a game of chance but a labor of love
·         It is one heck of a workout

1 comment:

  1. u're absolutely right on this one Dale. After reading this I am inspired and will look into classes asap. I need dance back in my life :-)

    ReplyDelete