Tuesday, January 18, 2011

If Ke$ha wrote worship music

The youth group we work with is currently in a series about music.  My husband Kyle talked with the kids on Sunday and showed some fantastic alternatives to the trashy music that is on the top 40’s stations.  He picked secular artists that have soul and depth and whose lyrics can inspire its listeners.  He showed them bands like Thrice and Relient K.  In the car on the way home we got into a discussion about whether there is pop music with any dual meanings and while I’m sure some exists we were baffled at what a huge gap there was in the market.  There are Christian labeled artists but no one who is bridging the gap to those who aren’t believers.  So for fun I was inspired to create a parody of a Ke$ha song to show the world (or the few of you who actually read this) Christian inspired pop music:
Parody of Ke$ha’s “Your Love is my Drug” titled “Your Love is my Anti-Drug”
Maybe I need some verses
Or maybe just need some prayers
In a world filled with addiction
It’s Your light they need to see

I'm looking down every alley
I'm answering those desperate calls
I'm staying up all night hoping
that sharing Your word will save the lost

What you got, Jesus, is hard to find
I think about it all the time
I'm full of passion, my hearts on fire
I just can't get you off my mind

Because Your love, Your love, Your love is my anti-drug
Your love, Your love, Your love
I said Your love, Your love, Your love is my anti-drug
Your love, Your love, Your love

No comments:

Post a Comment