Thursday, January 6, 2011

NOOK Color

So my Christmas money from our families was burning a hole in my pocket and I have really wanted an eReader so I took the plunge and bought a NOOK Color.  I am going to have a friend install a program that basically turns it into a tablet and gives you access to the Droid market which is a nice bonus.  They have a lot of free books available and most NOOK books are about 50% or 75% the cover price you would pay for it brand new at a bookstore.  I was worried I would miss the feel and smell of a traditional book and truth be told I do a little but the benefits vastly outweigh the nostalgia of traditional book reading. 
I adjusted the background color to sepia and the font to the smallest option and it reads just like a regular book only it’s lighter and can hold a whole small library on one device.  The screen is best showcased when viewing magazines or picture books.  The colors are very vibrant and the touch screen is very responsive.  I absolutely love mine and would recommend them to anyone.  If you get one let me know what your email address is so we can lend one another books!

No comments:

Post a Comment