Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy

You MUST read this series!  I would stop there but I have too much to say about these books.  They are riveting, fast paced, dark, and keep you guessing.  The first two were my favorite but after getting off to a slow start I loved the third and final book as well.  There are several characters that carry through all three books but the main character is Lisbeth Salander (the girl with the dragon tattoo).  She is brilliant, uncompromising, rebellious, mysterious, and genuinely kick ass character.  For being 100 pounds she takes on a whole lot of bad guys throughout the trilogy.  Despite her prickly disposition you are rooting for her the whole time.  It is pretty graphic but the books fascinated me and I hope you guys love them as much as I did. 

Note: The European movies are already out so once you read the books check them out.  Promise me that you won’t watch them first and then be lame and not read the books.  The books are worth reading and even though the movies are well done they have to cut out content and you don’t want to miss a word (except about the first 125 pages of the third book, stick with it, I promise it’s amazing once you get through the beginning).  They are filming an American version, let’s hope they don’t ruin the story by glamming it up.  The story is fascinating because it’s raw and gritty and edgy and if they put Lisbeth in pink blush and shiny lipgloss I will vent with great fervor on this blog and facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment