Sunday, February 27, 2011

‘F’ is for Flip Burger & Fernbank

After an incredibly hectic week and recovering from being sick Kyle and I decided we needed an adventure.   I started my day with my favorite dance class which did wonders for my mood and energy level.  Afterwards I went to visit a friend at her new place, she bought a gorgeous loft.  Once I got home I was feeling great and ready for some quality time with Kyle.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous so we knew we needed to find a patio and fast.  I had my heart set on Tin Lizzy’s but so did the rest of Buckhead.   So as disappointment was about to set in we saw the new location for Flip Burger.  So we basked in the sunlight and enjoyed some amazing food.  Their liquid nitrogen milkshakes are the crowning glory to the menu.
After a delicious lunch we decided to head to Fernbank.  We had seen some advertisement for their mythical creatures exhibit and had to check it out for ourselves.  It was fun to see them bring the mythical creatures of our childhood to life.  It was also really interesting to read about the history behind the myths and the way they evolved throughout the world.  They also posed the question about whether or not these beloved or revered myths were going extinct.  At first it seemed like an odd thought since those creatures never existed but then I thought about culture and how quickly things are evolving and phasing in and out.  Some of the things we love from our childhood are going extinct.  It was exciting to see the little girls carrying around their unicorn and mermaid stuffed animals that their parents bought for them in the gift shop.  It was nice to see that some of our childhood favorites will live on a little longer.  We ended out visit with an IMAX film on Ancient Greece.  It has confirmed the fact that I absolutely must visit Greece.  The geography and architecture were absolutely stunning. 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome day! I'm a big fan of that picture the lower right corner, haha.

    ReplyDelete