Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

So my dad is not a huge fan of birthdays but I am a HUGE fan of him so I love having the chance to celebrate him.  Last year we broke his rule about low key birthdays and had a big surprise party and invite our closest family and friends.  He may not admit but I think it meant a lot to him to have a room full of the people he loved.  My dad has been a huge influence on me.  I may look like my mother but I think a lot like my dad.  He has always been very meticulous and organized.  He has been amazing example of being able to reinvent yourself to do what is needed to take care of your family.  He has great taste in music and some of my fondest memories are dancing around our living room when I was little to the Doors, the Beatles, Loudon Wainwright, and Peter Paul & Mary.  He worked a lot when I was little but he always made time for me when he got home and did little things to remind me how special I was.  We would read a book, work on vocabulary, or play silly games before bedtime.  In high school he had foot surgery and while it was hard for him to shift gears and take time off work it was a blessing in disguise.  It was the best thing for our relationship.  During that time we started to become friends and really get to know one another.  At times it was hard to get used to having constant feedback but my parents were helping set me up for success in college and beyond and I will forever be thankful for all the life lessons they taught me.  So today is my Dad’s birthday and although he won’t let me make a big deal out of it I can make a big deal out of him here on my blog.  I am forever thankful for the investment you had made in me and the support you have given me throughout my life.  I have never doubted that you and mom were my biggest fans and whether you believe it or not I am your biggest fan.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment