Thursday, February 10, 2011

Genghis Grill

Let us take a moment of silence for the awesomeness that is Mongolian stir fry. . . . . . . .
I could not handle another day of Healthy Choice soups or frozen entrees so I ventured outside of my cubicle for lunch with two of my coworkers.  We went to Genghis Grill near the REI by Perimeter mall.  They had both been before so they showed me the ropes.  The atmosphere was pretty generic but the possibilities for entrees were endless.  At first I was a tad overwhelmed as I looked upon all the meat, seasoning, veggie, sauce, and starch choices.  I took a deep breath and started piling all my favorites into my bowl.  My concoction was pretty generic but it was only $8.99 and it was made exactly how I like it!  I chose steak and shrimp for my meats and added steakhouse and garlic seasoning.  For veggies I went with my all time favorites of baby corn, red bell peppers, snap peas, spinach, and lots of mushrooms.  Then I chose fried rice as my base and topped it all off with a combination of honey soy sauce and island teriyaki.  For those who like to go with a known entity they have recipe cards that you can choose to follow.  I am much more adventurous and enjoyed the guess work, plus let’s be honest I am a pickier eater than some/most.  I would recommend this place or any Mongolian stir fry place to those of you who haven’t tried it.  I have heard that Chow Baby is excellent.  Tomorrow I will return to my boring lean cuisine or healthy choice meals but today I dined in Mongolian glory and I was incredibly thankful for the variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment