Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Frienship is Old Enough to Drive

I was chatting with one of my closest friends and she mentioned that our friendship is old enough to drive.  We have been friends since we were in the fourth grade.  It is such an amazing blessing in my life that even though we drifted apart some in college that we have always been able to reconnect.  I mentioned that this fact made us old but Kim rightly pointed out that we are just wise.  Truth be told we are, we have both managed to navigate all the obstacles and end up doing very well at work and in our personal lives.  We have always managed to keep a pulse on what is really important to us and made the sacrifices needed to make those things a priority.  Kim has always inspired me.  She is incredibly smart and artistic and she manages to combine the two seamlessly.  She has always been proud of herself and of her intelligence and manages to do so without taking herself too seriously.  I have so many memories with her ranging from childhood to adulthood and I know these memories are only just the beginning.  We have been able to bear witness to almost every phase so far in one another’s lives.  It is so comforting to have a friend like that in your life.  Any time we share a story with one another we already know 16 years worth of life experiences that impact the way we think, feel, and approach situations.  Our friendship is so easy and uncomplicated and I love it.  I wish I got to see her more often but the times we do spend together are always wonderful! 

1 comment:

  1. Dale you made me blush :) I always enjoy our conversations!

    ReplyDelete