Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

I am so thankful that I have such a wonderful mother!  We had such a relaxing and fun day yesterday. 
·         Craft Time: Creating Glass Sculptures using glass pieces from the thrift store
·         Lunch: Chinese Food
·         Jewelry and Gemstone Convention: We found gorgeous dichoric glass pendants for $5 each as well as some reasonably priced beads
·         Dragonberry Lemonade and Fudge Break
·         Mandalas: Creating a picture in a circle that reflects the inner workings of your thoughts/mind; it is supposed to reflect what God would see at that moment if he looked down into your mind.  All of the symbols and colors that are used in the mandalas have specific meanings.  I named my kaleidoscope sun.  (more details on the meaning of my mandala to come in a later post)
·         Nap Time
·         Jewelry Making: I used the beads I bought at the convention to make 2 pairs of earrings
Here are a few pictures of our crafts and activities:

No comments:

Post a Comment