Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Symbol of our Love

It is wedding season and we have several friends preparing for their wedding days.  I am so excited for them and I cannot believe that we are coming up on our 3rd anniversary.  The other day I was riding in the car with Kyle and I looked over and he playing with his wedding ring.  As I looked at his ring finger I saw a distinct tan line from his wedding ring.  We laughed about it first but then I got really sentimental.  I remember when we first got married and it felt weird to wear rings since we weren’t used to them.  Now we have grown up and settled into being married and now we can’t imagine life without being married.  We are so happy and settled that the ring really is just a symbol because we no longer need them as reminders of our promise; our promise to one another has become a part of everything we do.  The tan line was just a reminder of how much we have grown over the last three years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment