Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sisters Red

I am still in disbelief that it is June already.  This year is absolutely flying by.  For my birthday one of my presents was a book called Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce.  This was a great gift because I love reading but also because Jackson Pearce is a girl that I used to dance with when I was in high school.  Her real name is Amy but she uses Jackson as her pen name.  This is her second published book and it was so much fun to read a book by someone that I know.  She did a great job creating the characters and building the story but it was fun to hear pieces of her voice/point of view peek through the characters.  It is wonderful to see people doing what they love especially in an industry as tough as publishing.  It is a very interesting story and even though it is about werewolves it also touches on some really serious topics.  It is a story of two sisters who become werewolf hunters and it follows them as they take on a major challenge and start to find out who they really are, learn the meaning of sacrifice, and find their passion.  I enjoyed it because I saw parts of myself in both of the sisters and it represents some of the struggles I have even within my own life with the varying aspects of my personality.  I would definitely recommend not only because it is a fun read but also to support up and coming authors like my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment