Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All Grown Up

This may seem like an odd title but it is relevant in two ways.  The first is that two of the girls from my small group graduated from high school this weekend.  They fought through all the drama and studying and came out on the other side as young women ready to head off to college.  To say that I am proud of them is a gigantic understatement; I have grown to love them more than I could have ever imagined when I started out volunteering as a leader at our church.  I hope that we continue to stay close so I can continue to help them through all their adventures now that they are heading off to the “real world.”  Thankfully I have a strong feeling that we will! 
The second reason is that it has been four years since I graduated college.  At times I can’t believe it has been that long since so many memories are still fresh but I also feel like an entirely different person and it is also hard to imagine that so much change took place in four short years.  Here are some of my favorite events that have happened in the last four years:
·         I married my best friend
·         We graduated and got jobs
·         We become pet owners and homeowners
·         We became volunteer youth leaders
·         We have attended 15 weddings
·         We had 4 sets of friends have their first baby
·         We had 2 nephews born
·         I got 2 Promotions and made 1 Job Change
·         I bought a new car
·         I started dancing again

No comments:

Post a Comment