Monday, October 3, 2011

My Best Friends Wedding!

I can finally officially welcome my best friend to the married club!  Her wedding took place this past weekend in North Carolina in the Highlands. 

She was an absolutely gorgeous and glowing bride.  We had such an amazing weekend and could truly feel all the love and support radiating from all their family and friends.  They got married up in Highlands, NC and the area is gorgeous.  It was a bit cold but other than that the weather was perfect.  After the ceremony we ate fantastic food and danced the night away to celebrate!  Here is a picture of Alyssa and Will as well as my toast to them as the Matron of Honor.

Congratulations!  My heart is overflowing with joy for you both.  It has been said that when two people find true love that it is like a stone skipping on the water.  The love that those two people share ripples into the lives of everyone around them.  Today we are all lucky enough to share in your joy and love for another! 
Alyssa, you are my best friend and I have had the joy and privilege of growing up with you.  We made it through the awkward high school years, the fun college years, and the adjusting to the workplace and the “real” world.  Along the way you have taught me so much about friendship and you have been such a huge blessing in my life.  I truly believe that there is nothing in this world that you cannot do if you set your heart and mind to it.
Will, I may have been hard on you in college but you have truly proven that your love for Alyssa is genuine and everlasting.  There aren’t many people that I could bear seeing my best friend moving to Texas for but you make her truly happy and she is exactly where she is meant to be . . . for now.
You have both built such a strong foundation for your relationship by focusing first on your friendship and then allowing your love to grow from there.  I know that you will bring true joy to one another because you understand the importance of love, mutual respect, and continuing to grow together as a couple.  Enjoy these wonderful moments with your friends and family on your wedding day and remember that the best is yet to come!  Everyone raise your glass to the bride and groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment