Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Aloha

I am planning to post a few entries about our recent trip to Maui, Hawaii.  The trip was absolutely incredible and we felt so honored to be able to be part of such a great group of people.  We arrived in Maui after a long travel day and almost immediately after arriving I could feel the stress start to melt away.  After seeing my first sunset from our hotel balcony I realized it was going to be a great week.  Throughout the week I kept catching myself thinking about how truly breathtaking and beautiful the island was.  I would look at the sunset and think that is the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen, and then I’d look at a flower and think that is the most beautiful flower I’ve ever seen and so on and so forth. 
The pace of island life is very different.  Kyle would catch me speed walking and then he would grab my hand as a signal to slow down and walk leisurely.  I very quickly realized that I do not have an islander personality but I greatly enjoyed assuming the role for a week.  We spent our first full day lounging at the beach and the pool.  After replenishing our Vitamin D levels and enjoying an afternoon nap we got ready for the big awards dinner.  I was able to meet and take a picture with our CEO and Chief Technology Officer (EVP).
I did realize that I would never have seasonal depression in Hawaii since it was 80 degrees and sunny in January.  I also realized thanks to my amazing company I get to check an item off my 30 before 30 list; visit Hawaii – CHECK!

No comments:

Post a Comment