Monday, May 21, 2012

Mr. & Mrs. Hutchinson!


This weekend was such an exciting one for us and our friends!  Few things in life bring me as much joy as celebrating with our friends and family.  Whether its graduations, housewarmings, weddings, or births it is an amazing experience to witness the people you love take these exciting steps!  I have a special affinity for weddings because it can be so difficult to find the right person and to be the right person but once you have that perfect fit and timing it changes your life.  The first time I met Kim was at our wedding reception and I liked her right off the bat.  For any of you who knew Austin in college that was not generally my reaction to the girls he dated.  From the first time I met her I knew she was special and I started to see a transformation in Austin.  The perfect partner knows the right balance between loving you as you are and challenging you to become the best version of yourself and these two have that.  Their engagement was literally straight out of a fairy tale, he has always been her prince and she has been his princess so it was only fitting that he proposed to her as Belle from Beauty in the Beast. 

Their wedding was held at a beautiful country club and they got married outside by a lake and a willow tree.  My favorite parts of the ceremony were their vows, the wine box ceremony, and a reading about hands as a gift of marriage.  I shed a few tears, laughed more than once thanks to Austin, and you could see the joy in the faces of everyone there.  The reception was so personal and fun.  The groom’s cake was swapped for taco bell and the couple entered to Michael Jackson.  We all had a blast and danced the night away!  Kyle gave a toast that was heartfelt and emotional and then Alex came in afterwards and made everyone laugh, you can really tell those three are best friends because they are the perfect balance.  I think the thing I enjoyed the most is that despite all of the decorations and planning I always felt like the marriage itself was the thing they cared the most about.  Every girl wants a princess perfect wedding day but these two understood that even if plans went awry that the greatest gift they got out of the day was being joined together forever in marriage.  It’s the way Kyle and I felt on our big day and it’s the way I hope every couple feels because a wedding is one day but a marriage is every day after.   Congratulations you two, the best is yet to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment