Saturday, December 29, 2012

2012 Recap


This has been a pretty incredible year!  I really challenged myself to work on various aspects of self-improvement and to be more tuned into the blessings in our life.  Kyle and I want to make that we are always good at loving the people who are valuable to us and enriching the lives of the people around us even if it is only in small ways.  I have been using my book a week challenge and the items on my 30 before 30 list as ways to challenge myself to try new things and to soak up new information. 

We started off the year in Hawaii as my reward from my company for winning the PEAK award.  The trip was one of my favorite trips we have ever taken as a couple.  My company took care of every aspect and expense of the trip and we truly just relaxed and enjoyed ourselves.  We even splurged on a few excursions and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!  For Spring Break we decided to do something to thank our parents for all that they have done for us so we paid for a beach house rental for the week on Tybee Island.  It was such a wonderful feeling to be able to treat our parents to something nice and all of us had a wonderful time.  In May we got to see two of our closest friends Kim and Austin get married and our hearts are so full of happiness for them.  Their vows were so personal and the reception was such a blast!

The summer was jam packed with Kyle’s birthday, BigStuf, our 4th anniversary, and our annual pilgrimage to 12 Mile Indiana for the Fourth of July festivities.  This year we had the biggest group yet go with us and it was a blast! Divot turned 5 this year, we are so lucky to have such a cute and sweet dog!

Once the school year started the remainder of the year has really flown by.  I visited my best friend in Houston, finally! We were able to go back to visit Kyle’s mom and stepdad for their annual Oktoberfest.  Then as we headed into the holiday season we celebrated the marriage of our couple friends Kelsey and Colette.  We enjoyed a very peaceful Thanksgiving with family.  Then we ended the year with several Christmas parties and lots more time with family and friends.  As we have gotten older we have really focused in on meaningful friendships and spending quality time with people.  People talk about how much fun college was and while it was I think about how much time I spent on acquaintances and more shallow relationships and realize that this is also a really great phase of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment