Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hitting Snooze


I am infamous for hitting the snooze button. The issue is that I value sleep over time spent getting ready. If I need to leave by 7 AM, I will set my alarm for 6:15 and snooze until 6:45 AM then fly through my morning routine. I view the extra 5 minutes obtained by each press of the snooze button as little gifts to myself. It’s like a series of mini morning naps. Most people would find the alarms every five minutes torturous but for some reason I am amazed by how relaxing I find the little 5 minute naps between alarms. The problem is that this habit is a causing a major road block to my morning exercise ambitions. I tried to trick myself and set my first alarm 30 minutes earlier in hopes that I would hit the snooze button the same number of times and have an extra thirty minutes for a quick workout. The issue is that it has simply doubled the number of times I hit snooze. My next plan of attack to get my morning work outs on track is to move my phone across the room because if I have to get out of bed to hit snooze or turn off the alarm I think I will be much less likely to go back to sleep. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to break this habit?





No comments:

Post a Comment