Friday, April 19, 2013

Praying for Boston


I promise I will be posting blog entries about our amazing trip – hopefully by the end of this weekend.  I was planning on sitting down to write them but so many other things have been on my mind this week.  This week has been a tough week for our country.  The events at the Boston Marathon, subsequent tragedies in the pursuit of the suspects in Watertown, and the fertilizer plant explosion in Texas have all rocked our nation and caused loss of lives and devastation to those areas.  I am so thankful to live in a place where we have so many freedoms but seeing the malicious intent of some people in our country and their blatant disregard for human life is truly heartbreaking.  I cannot even begin to understand what circumstances or mental issues lead people into making such destructive and selfish choices.  I am praying for the families impacted and for the people in Boston who are still fearful for their safety and lives as search continues for the responsible parties.  I do truly believe that good triumphs evil even in the worst of situations so I know that stories of bravery, selflessness, charity, and compassion will rise from the ashes of these tragedies.  As I reflect with a heavy heart on the events I try to remind myself to look for those redeeming stories since there is no way to make sense of such senseless destruction and loss of life.    


No comments:

Post a Comment