Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Today I Turn 28

My husband posted the sweetest thing on Facebook - it brought tears to my eyes and was such a beautiful reminder of our love story and love for one another!  I'm so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends who remind me all the time how wonderful and precious those relationships are.  Feeling very loved today!

facebook
Kyle Jones tagged you in a status.
Kyle wrote: "On this day in 1985, my wife was born. There was no way for my ten month old self to know that my life was already on an unalterable path. As I grew up in Cumming, Georgia, she was growing up at the same time in Sugar Hill, Georgia. For most of our youth, we would be on two completely different paths. And then something unexpected happened--my parents divorced. Seventeen years of marriage ended, and I was a devastated fifteen. This unexpected moment was followed up by an even more unexpected event--my Dad’s remarriage about seven months later. (Which turned out to be a great moment.) My sophomore year of high school starts in a new house, with a new family, and in a new school. Everything foundational in my life had changed. At the time, I was lost. Little did I know that in August, what had been set in motion on this day in 1985, would find me and change everything yet again. The first day of sophomore year at North Gwinnett High School is filled with only one clear memory. Her. I still remember what she was wearing. I remember being blessed/lucky enough to have both chemistry and language arts with her. I remember finangaling my way to sitting next to her in both classes. I also remember how she didn't know what to think about me. I don’t blame her. I've been told I was a pretty awkward sixteen year old. (My sisters made sure I understood this on a daily basis. Love you all--mean it.) That day altered my future in a way that I still can’t fully comprehend, and I very well may not ‘get it’ in this lifetime. I’m totally cool with that though. You see on April 24th, 1985, God gave me my wife. I didn't know it at the time, and she didn't know that I was hers either. We didn't know on that first day of class our sophomore year of high school, but in time the fate that was woven in a blanket of starry patchwork that knew far before either of us drew breath or could comprehend a future with one another helped us find one another. It has always been ironic to me that our love was borne from my split--and then multiplied--family, but I am unfathomably thankful that through that illogical time God was preparing me a future with her. The one I said ‘I do’ to almost five years ago. So happy birthday, Dale. Happy birthday to the one I was born for and who I believe unquestionably was born for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment