Tuesday, September 17, 2013

10 Year High School Reunion

In some ways I can’t believe it’s already been 10 years.  In other ways I feel like high school was a whole lifetime ago.  There was quite a bit of drama leading up to this event.  The person planning it was faced with some complaints and so decided at the last minute to completely change the location for the event.  This drama was definitely a factor in some people opting not to go and the low turnout resulted in ticket prices being pretty high for the event which resulted in less interest.  I’m still glad that we decided to go.  Honestly I never considered not going, I think it’s important to stay connected to your roots and was interested to catch up with everyone.  Admittedly there was less mystery around what people have been doing thanks to Facebook but I still enjoyed catching up with some old friends and acquaintances.  As someone who never felt completely comfortable in their own skin in high school it was nice to go to this event as a confident and successful adult.  It was a reminder of how much we have all grown and matured over the years.  Sometimes being a grown up feels like it’s not all it’s cracked up to be but then I remember back to how dramatic and unsure we all were in high school and feel thankful for changes and people in my life.  







No comments:

Post a Comment