Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Best Friend’s Baby Shower

Here is my Pinterest inspiration board: 



Here is the update from the actual shower.  I was so excited to help host this event.  There were 5 of us working together since it was a large couple’s shower and we all wanted to help plan this special event for Alyssa.  I was tasked with decorations and games which I was thrilled about! 

I loved all the inspiration pins I found so I got to work trying to make them a reality.  The most fun about making décor yourself is that you can really personalize it the guest of honor.  Alyssa’s favorite color is purple and she plans to use Purple and Grey in the nursery with elephants as part of the décor.  I made sure to include these in the shower decorations.  My favorite projects were the photo display, the paper pennants, and the fruit loop centerpieces. 

The photo display was very simple.  I bought command hooks and hung wide ribbon on them.  I used clear stretch cord to create a loop to attach to the command hooks.  Then I mounted all the photos of their baby pictures and their maternity pictures on safari animal paper in pastel colors which I bought at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon.  To hang the pictures on the ribbon I used clothespins which I picked up at the dollar store.  It was such an easy project and the guests loved it because as they walked around and got food they could enjoy looking at all the pictures.  It also started conversations with people sharing memories with Alyssa and Will.   


The paper pennants were fun and whimsical and very reasonable to make.  I used the same safari paper bought in a paper pack from Hobby Lobby (with a coupon of course).  I create a guide using thick cardboard so I could cut the triangles on the exact same angles.  After creating the guide I cut all 120 pieces of paper into triangles using my guide and my paper cutter.  I cut the paper in smaller batches of 5-10 sheets at a time so that they would cut easily.  Then I bought thin ribbon that had colors to match the paper and cut them into 4 and 5 foot lengths.  I lined up the triangles in varying orders so that no two stands of paper pennants were the exact same and glued the triangles to the back of the ribbon – starting with the middle to ensure that the strands were centered.  On two of the paper pennants I added letters including “It’s a Girl” and “Gifts” for the gift area.  




No comments:

Post a Comment