Monday, October 21, 2013

Houston with my Bestie

As noted in my previous post about her baby shower, my best friend is pregnant!  I am overjoyed for them but I also know life is about to get really busy for them once their baby girl arrives in just a couple short months.  My work changed our PTO carryover policy so I had to plan for 5 extra days off work to get below the new carryover limit.  I knew right away another trip to Texas was in order and due to the extra days I got to make it a four day weekend instead of a three day weekend. 

One of the things I love most about our friendship is that we can have as much fun at home in our PJ’s (if not more) as we would during a night out on the town.  While I was there we ate lots of yummy tex-mex food, planned the nursery (paint color, layout, etc.), and just spent a lot of time relaxing and talking.  We are great about making time to talk on the phone but it was so nice to have so much time in person.  It made it easier to catch up on a lot the little or less obvious things that sometimes you forget to mention on the phone.  It was such a wonderful reminder that no matter what change may come in each of our lives that our friendship is something special to both of us and we’ll always find a way to make time for one another. 


I can’t believe that the next time I will see her she will have a beautiful baby girl.  I can’t wait to meet her!


No comments:

Post a Comment