Friday, January 3, 2014

30 Days of Hustle

I first heard Jon Acuff speak at BigStuf and since then I have been following him on social media.  To kick off the year he started something called 30 Days of Hustle.  Here is his description of the concept:

“The concept is simple; in 2014 we are going to “Do More Stuff.” That’s it.  For 30 days in a row starting on January 1st, I will send you one short, simple task via email. At the end of the 30 days we will measure our results, share our successes, dust off our failures and start again.  One of the ways we will do this is through a concept called “Goal Contagion.” Scientists have found that you are dramatically more likely to accomplish your goals if you can see other people working on goals. You don’t have to even meet the person; simply reading about what they’re working on gives you a literal boost.” – Jon Acuff
I figured it would align well with my resolutions and my commitment to be more specific and intentional as well measuring my progress regularly.  Here are my updates from the first three days.  I’ll post my recap at the end of the 30 days including my progress compared to my goals. 

Day 1: What?
a. Lose 5 pounds by the end of the 30 Days of Hustle
                                                               i.      Starting Weight – 158.4
                                                             ii.      Starting BMI – 27.19
b. Be able to jog for 9 continuous minutes
                                                               i.      Starting Measurement – 5 continuous minutes
Day 2: Why?
a. I feel better when I am in shape.
b. I feel more in control of my life when I make better choices about nutrition and exercise.
c. I want to feel prepared and confident going into my 5k races this year
Day 3: How?
a. Brisk Walk/Jog/Run – at least 3 times per week for at least 2 miles or 30 minutes each
b.Track my nutrition EVERY day using My Fitness Pal
c. Wear my Fit Bit every day and make sure I exceed my 8000 step goal at least 3 times per week
d. Cooking healthier recipes at homes and reducing portion intake when eating out

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Jon Acuff! And reading your posts:) Good luck, love!

    ReplyDelete