Wednesday, January 28, 2015

2015 Resolutions

I love New Years.  I love the representation of a blank page in a new chapter and the opportunity it gives to reflect about the past year and prepare our minds and attitudes for the coming year. 

This year I have a few resolutions:
  • Working on becoming fitter and stronger
  • Working on reducing my negative attitude about my body and feeling confident at whatever point in my fitness journey I’m at
  • Cook at home more often – I admire what amazing cooks my parents are and I need to put a bigger dent in my 10,000 hours towards being a great cook!
  • Letting go of grudges and past hurts – they are only weighing me down and have no effect on the people who inflicted the wound.  For my own sake I need to allow myself to feel hurt and then move on.  I have too many wonderful people in my life to focus energy and effort on the ones who don’t.
  • 2 books a month
  • In the words of Tracy Chapman “buy a bigger house and live in the suburbs”
  • Declutter
This year along with my resolutions I also wrote a New Year’s poem that reflects my prayers and hopes for the coming year.

I’d like to live like a tree
Arms reaching into the sky
Basking in the sunlight
Adept at changing seasons
Beautiful and natural in each stage
Braced and prepared for any storm
Roots nestled firmly into the earth
Growing stronger with each passing year 

No comments:

Post a Comment