Monday, March 7, 2011

A Case of the Mondays

It was a really nice weekend.  I went to a dinner and concert with a friend on Friday.  As a result I have found a new music obsession, Brendan James is amazing.  Listen to his song Nothing for Granted on YouTube (I posted a link on my Facebook).   Then Saturday I spent most of the day working, relaxing and cleaning.  The cold weather made me feel rather reclusive so I stuck inside for most of the day.  Then we met up with my parents for dinner because my Aunt and Uncle were in town.  It was such a nice addition to my weekend to spend time with family and eat yummy Mexican food.  Our diet limited our choices pretty heavily but we split Fajitas and they were delicious, it felt wrong to go to Monterrey’s and not eat cheese dip but my weigh in this morning thanked me for my good behavior. 
Sunday I met with my small group and it is really hitting home that my girls are about to graduate.  We had some good discussion and I am really proud of them because they are really wonderful young women.  They still have some growing up to do but truth be told don’t we all even those of us like me who have their 26th birthday looming.  Then Kyle’s parents came over for dinner and thankfully since they are also on a diet we all enjoyed yummy Tilapia and commiserated that Cake Boss was a bad choice of shows to watch!
After all the fun of the weekend it is back to business as usual as another week of work begins.  My new role is going well but today I couldn’t help but feel a case of the Mondays.  It’s going to be a very hectic week as we finish up in preparation for our release this weekend.  I am bracing myself and trying to keep a very positive attitude.  The best I can do is take a deep breath and tackle things as they come, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment